[ubuntu-uk] Aptitude

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 9 19:12:10 BST 2010

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 18:33:30 +0100, Michael Douglas <mehall at mehall.co.cc>
wrote:

> I would let someone else confirm, but off the top of my head, using
> "full-upgrade" rather than "dist-upgrade" does everything, including all
> packages held back?

 From man aptitude

full-upgrade
            Upgrades installed packages to their most recent version,
removing
            or installing packages as necessary. This command is less
            conservative than safe-upgrade and thus more likely to perform
            unwanted actions. However, it is capable of upgrading packages
that
            safe-upgrade cannot upgrade.

                Note
                This command was originally named dist-upgrade for
historical
                reasons, and aptitude still recognizes dist-upgrade as a
                synonym for full-upgrade.

--
Steve (Yorvyk)
http://lubuntu.net