[ubuntu-uk] Canon PIXMA iP2500 error codes

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 9 08:35:24 BST 2010

On 8 June 2010 17:39, Wulfy <wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> I recently changed the ink cartridge on my printer (Canon PIXMA iP2500)
> and now it won't print. I just get flashing lights. There are two
> lights, one is the power switch light, the other has symbols I can't
> interpret (one may be stuck paper, the other is a triangle pointing down
> in a circle). They flash in sequence: one flash power, seven flashes
> other. I've tried to google what this means but can find no page for
> error codes.

For my ip4300 this information is in the manual, which is provided on
CD as an installable windows package, not as paper.  Luckily it
installs and runs happily in Wine on Ubuntu.  Or at least it did until
I just went to open it to see what 7 flashes means on the 4300, now it
won't run.  Damn.

Since you changed a cartridge have you checked that the lights on the
cartridge holder are not flashing?  Assuming it has them of course.

That has probably been no help at all, sorry.

> Does anyone have any idea what the printer is trying to tell me???? Why
> do printer manufacturers have to make things so cryptic?

It saves on the cost of the printer I suppose.

Colin