[ubuntu-uk] Aptitude

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 11:19:59 BST 2010

Neil,

On 07/06/10 08:51, Neil Perry wrote:

> I've just been pointed out, that for Maverick they have removed aptitude
> being install by default. I don't want to start another button debate.
>
> But how many of you using aptitude rather then apt-get?
>
> I've used aptitude since I started using ubuntu, seeing as I thought
> apt-get wasn't maintained any more.

That's irritating. On the command line I always use aptitude. I started
doing so because I thought I had seen somewhere that debian was adopting
aptitude as their standard command line package management tool.

I guess I'll just add aptitude to do the list of packages I install by
default.

Regards,
Tony.

--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk