[ubuntu-uk] Windows XP CD

Stuart Bird stuart.bird1 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 4 21:09:00 BST 2010

Rob

In all honesty, you will stand a better chance of saving your friends 38 GiB
of music by using an Ubuntu Live CD (or similar) than you will with a Win XP
disc. Personally I would boot the machine from the live CD and then copy the
data off to a safe media. Then you can re-install Windows once the data is
safe.

It would be safer than letting a Windows CD inadvertently hose the partition
(and the music) for you.

Stu