[ubuntu-uk] Windows XP CD

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Jun 4 19:38:04 BST 2010

Hi Daniel/all

On 4 June 2010 19:33, Daniel Case <danielcase10 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> As long as you use the officially licensed product key, it is legal, i
> can post it if you like as i no longer
> have a need for it.

Ugh. Remember where you are. This is an Ubuntu list and it's not
really the done thing for us to be discussing/arranging duplication of
other peoples copyrighted work - even if it is Microsoft. Whilst some
people might consider it 'ok' to copy an XP CD the fact is it most
definitely is not 'legal' by any stretch. The contents of the CD is
copyrighted work, and without permission from the copyright owner you
should not be making copies.

I appreciate the predicament that the original poster is in, and
understand how frustrating it is to be in that position, this list is
not the place to discuss / arrange that kind of thing.

I'd appreciate it if these conversations were taken elsewhere.

Thanks,
Al.