[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu/New Technology Event

Rhys Morgan rhysmorgan1986 at aol.com
Fri Jun 4 13:49:16 BST 2010

Hi All,

This is pretty much a call for help. I have this morning been confronted
with a couple of opportunities which add up to the makings of a good Ubuntu
event.

I have been offered a venue free of charge on a selection of dates -
Ferneham Hall in Fareham, Hants

The venue has capacity for 600+ people, Wifi, Bar and extremely good
acoustics ( used for concerts ).

There are a few proviso's for this:

.         We have to provide a section dedicated to Educational benefits of
open source software, complete with demonstrations and presentations. There
will be educational representatives attending from around the
Portsmouth/Southampton area as well as a few local councillors.

.         We have to cover Ubuntu combined with low power consumption
computing aimed at businesses ( but not limited to ).

Secondly, I have been in a meeting this morning at work with Asrock. In
passing I mentioned the possibility of this event and was greeted with an
offer of sample hardware for the event as well as an array of their cutting
edge hardware releases to help us demonstrate the abilities of Ubuntu.

I am also in the process of getting the local newspaper ( The News ) to
cover the event.

My main lackings for such an event are:

.         People to give presentations

.         People with sufficient knowledge to control the educational
section of the event.

.         General help with the on-the-day event.

Any other suggestions/helpful hints or offers of help please let me know.

Regards

Rhys Morgan