[ubuntu-uk] 10.04 software center - cannot install untrusted packages

Byte Soup bytesoup at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 15:22:01 BST 2010

Hi Neil

Do you get error messages about missing keys when updating the list of
> packages on the command line (i.e. using either 'sudo apt-get update'
> or 'sudo aptitude update')?
>
> No I dont, this is what it looks like when i use the command line:

curtis at Homer:~$ sudo apt-get install p7zip-full
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
  p7zip-rar
The following NEW packages will be installed
  p7zip-full
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
Need to get 1,419kB of archives.
After this operation, 3,662kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  p7zip-full
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Get: 1 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid/universe p7zip-full
9.04~dfsg.1-1 [1,419kB]
Fetched 1,419kB in 4s (291kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package p7zip-full.
(Reading database ... 154608 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking p7zip-full (from .../p7zip-full_9.04~dfsg.1-1_amd64.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up p7zip-full (9.04~dfsg.1-1) ...

Thanks - Mark