[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK Site Rebranding - Mockups

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 13:44:53 BST 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Philip Stubbs <philip at stuphi.co.uk> wrote:
> On 3 June 2010 13:31, micheal harker <micheal.harker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ubuntu UK Team!
>> Last Night in the meeting It was decided we are going
>> to re-brand ubuntu-uk.org so I have made some mockups. Each Mocup has
>> different ideas but with similar layouts.
>> Mockup 1: http://www.michealh.co.cc/ubuntu/ubuntu-uk/mockup1.png
>> Mockup 2: http://www.michealh.co.cc/ubuntu/ubuntu-uk/mockup2.png
>> Mockup 3: http://www.michealh.co.cc/ubuntu/ubuntu-uk/mockup3.png
>> Mockup 4: http://www.michealh.co.cc/ubuntu/ubuntu-uk/mockup4.png
>> Mockup 5: http://www.michealh.co.cc/ubuntu/ubuntu-uk/mockup5.png
>> Mockup 6: http://www.michealh.co.cc/ubuntu/ubuntu-uk/mockup6.png
>> lets narrow it down to 3 ideas. I will make live demos of the Site then we
>> will vote for the final one.
>> Micheal H
>> --
>> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> I vote 'no' to a London skyline.

Why, because it's London?

In that case, can you suggest some other imagery that is distinctively British?

Personally I am not sure that any other British city is iconic enough
to be internationally recognisable.

Stonehenge? (Not very modern or forwards-looking!) Olympics stadium?
(Not finished yet.)

None of the UK mountains are particularly recognisable - I doubt I
could tell Snowdon or Ben Nevis or anything from any other random
mountain in temperate climes. Loch Ness? The Lake District?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508