[ubuntu-uk] [drm:drm_mode_getfb]

John Stevenson john at jr0cket.com
Wed Jun 2 19:59:19 BST 2010

On 2 June 2010 14:59, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get the below error in dmesg running 10.04 Desktop
>>
>> [ 3164.724958] [drm:drm_mode_getfb] *ERROR* invalid framebuffer id
>> [ 3299.107288] [drm:drm_mode_getfb] *ERROR* invalid framebuffer id
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Kaushal
>>

> Hi
>
> My Video Card --> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation
> Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

Are you just getting an error or are you asking for help because something
is not working?  Is it the case that you dont see the Ubuntu desktop login
screen, just a black screen?  Or have you just been reviewing your logs and
found this error?

If you dont have a working Ubuntu desktop, do you have an Ubuntu live CD/USB
(which you may have used to install Ubuntu)?  If so, do you get the Ubuntu
desktop when you boot off that and select Try Ubuntu without install?

Thanks

--
John Stevenson
jr0cket.com