[ubuntu-uk] 10.04: 64-bit or 32-bit install?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 14:45:33 BST 2010

On 31 July 2010 14:39, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 July 2010 13:32, David <lists2010 at trancepod.netmx.co.uk> wrote:
>> Flash (in Firefox, particularly BBC iPlayer, 4OD, etc, which are
>> must-haves! Adobe's withdrawal of Flash-64 sounds like a warning..)

Oh, thought I might add - very occasionally, if something won't play
in Firefox I try Chrome instead, and /vice versa/. This gets pretty
much everything working. I can view QuickTime movie trailers on
Apple.com, iPlayer on the Beeb, YouTube, Break, DailyMotion, etc.

I recommend Chrome. It's noticeably faster than Firefox these days. I
use F'fox for daily browsing, because of my assortment of handy
addons, but leave Chrome open all day with Gmail in it, and use other
AJAX-heavy sites in Chrome for preference - Gmaps, Flickr, Twitter,
Facebook, etc.

I am a fairly heavy user of F'fox addons, including Linky,
DownThemAll, BugMeNot, AdBlock+, Yoono, FireStatus,
MultirowBookmarksToolbar, AutoPagerize, CheckPlaces, OverbiteFF,
TreeStyleTab & Xmarks.

--
Liam Proven • Profile & links: http://www.google.com/profiles/lproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com