[ubuntu-uk] Firefox not getting focus

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 16:55:57 BST 2010

Matt Wheeler wrote:
> I'm also experiencing the same behaviour, but I actually prefer it. I
> don't really like apps stealing focus (even if I did click on a link)

Yes, from bug reports and other comments a lot of folk seem to share
your preference, and that may be why the behaviour was changed.

I am gradually getting used to a process of selecting all the liferea
items I want to read so that they open as new tabs in FF in the
background, and then going to FF to do the reading.  It would, however,
be nice to have the option of choosing which behaviour one preferred.

Sadly, despite much searching, I can't find a way of doing this.  There
are some very knowledgeable folk on this list, but no one here has
suggested how to control the focussing behaviour, so I guess I'll just
have to get used to a different 'workflow' for reading liferea items.

Or learn how to program, to change FF myself.  (I don't think so!)  ;-)

mac