[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 10.04 - failing to retrieve packages from server when installing/updating software

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Sat Jul 24 23:43:21 BST 2010

When trying to update or add software to my Ubuntu 10.04 (AMD64)
installation (which is installed within Virtual Box), I am getting error
messages stating that some files could not be retrieved from the server.

Are any Ubuntu 10.04 servers down? Or is there a setting that needs to
be changed or a repository that might be missing?

This has only happened today, and not before. Firstly when doing an
update via Update Manager. One of the programs was Firefox 3.6.6,
although my Ubuntu 9.04 was able to download and update Firefox
yesterday okay.

And when trying to add some new software, I get the same error.

David King