[ubuntu-uk] Question on ffmpeg encoding

ByteSoup bytesoup at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:26:41 BST 2010

Hi,

Im trying to use ffmpeg to help my kids produce some stopmotion video
files. Ive used this FAQ as a good reference:

http://www.ffmpeg.org/faq.html

Ive got past the bit where I reliased I needed to rename my files in
sequential order and produced a mpg file, covered here

http://www.ffmpeg.org/faq.html#SEC14

I got a couple of questions:

1. the syntax using the "%d" would I be right in saying that pic%06d,jpg
means any file from pic000001.jpg through to and including pic999999.jpg?

2. The mpg output seems to have a fixed frame rate, if I use another
frame rate with the -vcodec option for example -vcodec mpeg4, how do i
specify the frame rate?

3. What other methods has anyone used? Are there better suggestions or
is ffmpeg the best package to use?

Thanks -Mark