[ubuntu-uk] Lost internet usage in Ubuntu 9.04

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Tue Jul 20 10:07:39 BST 2010

Colin Law wrote:
> Does it work for another user on the PC?  If you have not other user
> add one using System, Administration, Users and Groups.  A second user
> is often useful for testing.
>
> Colin

Although my Ubuntu 9.04 has been working okay with accessing the
Internet recently, this morning when I booted into it, again I had no
internet access. I could not access the router, although when I looked
at the Network Connection, it showed an IP address as well as that of
the router, suggesting that there was no problem connecting to the
router or for the router to connect to the Internet.

So I set up a new account on Ubuntu 9.04, and logged into that. Straight
away that user had internet access with nothing blocked, and I could
access the router and webpages okay in Firefox.

So I then switched user back to my own normal user account and then had
access to the Internet okay.

So what else should I be looking for to diagnose why my main user
account cannot access the Internet sometimes?

David King