[ubuntu-uk] Non-technical events?

pmgazz pmgazz at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 14:16:06 BST 2010

I've done a bit of this - I've demo'd an Ubuntu LTSP and also laptops at
voluntary sector events - people don't 'get' what an operating system is
and tend to think that MS Win is 'part of the machine'. They have to
have a reason for considering changing OS and I find that being able to
help the environment and save money at the same time is a powerful
incentive to consider something new.

Paula