[ubuntu-uk] Recommended small server hardware

Paul Willis paul.willis at me.com
Thu Jul 8 17:19:32 BST 2010

Hi

Thanks for the replies Al suggested the..

> Dell Inspiron Zino:-

and John recommended the...

> Acer Aspire Revo

Both of which seem to fit the bill regarding power, footprint etc both at good prices but have either of you (or anyone else) actually run 10.04 on them okay?

I know I sound a bit paranoid but the Mac Mini we bought was originally going to be used and we wasted a lot of time (and expense) before we realised Ubuntu wasn't yet compatible. We really just need to buy something that we know will work.

Luckily the Mac has found a new home so it's not all a waste.

Regards

Paul