[ubuntu-uk] Looking for volunteers

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Jul 6 23:07:13 BST 2010

On 6 July 2010 22:37, Nick Brandon <maillist at css-uk.net> wrote:
> * Runs ubuntu from memory rather than DVD

Interesting, do you mean USB stick or it loads into RAM? I am guessing
the latter since you recommend 2GB RAM. Doesn't that leave a lot less
RAM for actual applications to use though?

> * Up to date packages (all updates since the April 2010 official CD)

That's handy, although as Lucid is an LTS there will be an updated
10.04.1 available on the 29th of this month.

> * A few changes to the installed applications and packages

Such as?

> ... and the rest you are welcome to discover if you wish to try it out!

Whilst we all like a surprise, I'd rather not have to download a 700MB
file to find out something is completely useless to me. Pretty much
every Ubuntu derivative at least has a summary page of what the
changes made are, and the benefits of those changes. :)

Also, if it's that good why don't you use it? :)