[ubuntu-uk] loco logo

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Fri Jul 2 17:35:03 BST 2010

On 02/07/10 17:20, Bruno Girin wrote:

> I like it. But have a the UK in small caps rather than in scaled down
> caps as it will make them the same height and weight as the lowercase
> letters in ubuntu. That doesn't prelude making UK bold though as it will
> highlight it.
>
> Bruno

yeah, that was the effect I was going for, the gimp lacks some
typography tools such as small caps and bold. Small caps actually isn't
lined up with the heights of the lower case characters and it doesn't
compensate for weight, at least not in OpenOffice.org. Probably does on
high end publishing software or fonts with small caps as a variant.