[ubuntu-uk] Lucid Lynx TV Advert

James Milligan lists at lake54.com
Sun Jan 31 16:19:26 GMT 2010

On 31/01/2010 16:16, Joe O'Dell wrote:
> Ok, so I've had an idea,
>  Rob said:
>>
>> Want chat to your friends?
>>
>> There's an app for that (Empathy)
>>
>> Want to backup your important pictures and documents?
>>
>> There's an app for that (Ubuntu One)
>>
>> Want to run alongside Windows?
>>
>> There's an app for that (Wubi)
>>

> Why don't we have someone against a plain background, (in, say, a
> ubuntu shirt! :) ) and ask the user those questions - then cut to a
> screenshot/movie of the app being used?
> Then at the end, just have a "Ubuntu - Free computing for everyone"
> quote with the logo.
>
> Just my two pence worth,
>
> Joe

> Joe O'Dell
>
> bedsLUG Co-Ordinator
> bedslug.co.cc
>
> DFEY Member (SouthEast)
> dfey.org <http://dfey.org>
>
> Ubuntu-UK Group Member
> (ascenseur)
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JoeODell

Just a quick question - I'm thinking of doing a quick mock up of this
with some titles in place of where the footage would be.

However, I use Adobe software to edit... which isn't compatible with
Ubuntu, nor is it open source....

Would I be brewing up a whole heap of trouble by making a video to
promote Ubuntu... on Windows proprietary software?

Please say no!

James