[ubuntu-uk] Lucid Marketing

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sun Jan 31 15:51:03 GMT 2010

On 31/01/2010 15:17, Liam Wilson wrote:
> Hey Rob, I used GIMP, and got the ubuntu and canonical logos off the
> internet, and took the screenshots myself.
>
> You can download all the images and things i used here:
>
> http://mehall.co.cc/Poster.tar.gz
>
> As for scaling it up to A3, it could probably be done, albeit with a
> loss of quality, but you're welcome to try :D
>
> It's also probably worth noting that if you are going to use a border
> printer, to try keep all the borders around the image the same size,
> so it doesn't become disoriented.
>
> Liam.

Cool I'll have a look when I have time.  I've found in the past when
doing things like this, if you use Inkscape it does scale up fairly
well, well if you use SVG images such as the logo and create the text in
Inkscape.  Screenshots don't scale up as well unless they're high
resolution to start with, but I'd guess if you're using images with a
resolution of say 1024x768 and scaling them down to fit then they'd
probably be okay scaling up to A3 size too, at least if the images are
going to be printed at a small size.

Rob