[ubuntu-uk] NVIDIA X Server Settings

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue Jan 26 10:19:14 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 07:38:57PM +0000, keith wrote:
> I have tried all sorts, including the suggestions in the parallel
> thread.  I have been able to save an xorg.config file with the
> correct settings and yet Ubuntu still boots up in 800x600
> resolution.  Strangley enough, however, as it is booting with the
> chocolate screen the resolution is correct. then shortly after I
> sign in the screen blanks for a second or so then changes to
> 800x600.  Strange!

Can you post your xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log? Hopefully that'll
give enough clues that someone can offer some help.

     Robert

Robert McWilliam            rmcw at allmail.net             www.ormiret.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
     -- Herm Albright