[ubuntu-uk] Please help.I've lost my partitions

javadayaz javadayaz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:07:11 GMT 2010

im sorry to copy and paste here...fdisk gives me this

Disk /dev/sda: 400.0 GB, 400088457216 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 48641 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x2ab32ab3

does this mean that the above hard drive is still assigned the sda label?

2010/1/24 javadayaz <javadayaz at gmail.com>

> How do I mount the hard drive which is being displayed as a mass storage
> device...it won't let me mount it
>
> On 24 Jan 2010 18:08, "Matthew Wild" <mwild1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 2010/1/24 javadayaz <javadayaz at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi, > > Please help. In the process of installing another hd to my
> system..I have > formatted my h...
> Most importantly - do *nothing* with the machine. Each time something
> writes data to the HDD it will greatly reduce the amount of data you
> can recover.
>
> In the past I've used http://www.sysresccd.org/ - testdisk is
> extremely useful for recovering files in situations like this. Others
> may have experience with other software, and you can await their
> advice - just in the meantime *don't* use that drive (preferably don't
> use that PC, unless using a LiveCD like the above).
>
> Matthew

Regards

Javad