[ubuntu-uk] Please help.I've lost my partitions

javadayaz javadayaz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:33:38 GMT 2010

How do I mount the hard drive which is being displayed as a mass storage
device...it won't let me mount it

On 24 Jan 2010 18:08, "Matthew Wild" <mwild1 at gmail.com> wrote:

2010/1/24 javadayaz <javadayaz at gmail.com>:

> Hi, > > Please help. In the process of installing another hd to my
system..I have > formatted my h...
Most importantly - do *nothing* with the machine. Each time something
writes data to the HDD it will greatly reduce the amount of data you
can recover.

In the past I've used http://www.sysresccd.org/ - testdisk is
extremely useful for recovering files in situations like this. Others
may have experience with other software, and you can await their
advice - just in the meantime *don't* use that drive (preferably don't
use that PC, unless using a LiveCD like the above).

Matthew

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/