[ubuntu-uk] PS3?

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 19:19:00 GMT 2010

Steve wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 18:29:19 -0000, red <Rik_Boland at btinternet.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I am wanting to get a media centre.
>>
>> Ubuntu
>> Wine to run spotify
>> Blue tooth
>> Wifi
>> Blue Ray
>> Store my music and torrent on
>> Possible burn media
>> card reader
>>
>> Would PS3 do this>
>>

> The was a discussion last Nov about this see:-
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2009-November/021927.html

Yup, it was me who asked about it :-)

The PS3 fits my needs fine at the moment, long term I'm probably going
to build a dedicated media PC running MythTV, but for now the PS3 works
great for games, Bluray movies and streaming media from PS3 Media
Server.  I was a bit disappointed with Linux but that wasn't the sole
reason I got it (plus it was £50 cheaper than the Slimline console which
meant I could get an extra couple of games for the kids).

Rob