[ubuntu-uk] Low power server

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Jan 22 11:41:20 GMT 2010

Hullo Andrew!

2010/1/22 Andrew Seyes <andrew.seyes at gmail.com>:
> I have been looking for a low power server to replace an old machine I
> run at home (a pentium II running hardy). In my search I came across
> the Aleutia T1 fanless PC [1] which seems to fit the bill and comes
> with Karmic pre-installed.

Vlglen MPC-L ?

80 quid, 400MHz Geode CPU, 80GB HDD, 512MB RAM, 4xUSB-2, 2xUSB1.1,
VGA, 100BaseT, audio in and out and a speaker. Uses 8W and runs almost
silent - as silent as a 2.5" laptop drive gets. Uses 8W of power.

I have one as a server and one as a firewall with an Apple USB to
Ethernet device for the second NIC.

Cheers,
Al.