[ubuntu-uk] Possible Training Events

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:54:24 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 10:08 +0000, Matthew Daubney wrote:

[snip]

> Ok, last night I had a quite productive chat to the Learning team. They
> are in the process of creating some course ware, and have already
> created some bits and pieces. They seem to be more than happy for us to
> use this, and even create more if we pass it back up to them.
>
> If you have a look on their wiki pages (the link kindly provided by Mr
> Pope up there ^) they have some pages already laid out for different
> levels of student as well.
>
> Since so much work has gone into their stuff already, would everyone be
> happy following their proforma and their lead? If people are
> uncomfortable with using bzr then we can create stuff in etherpad/google
> docs/what ever and then someone (don't mind if it's me) can pass it back
> up into their bzr tree when it's ready.

Agreed. No need to duplicate effort. However, looking at the wiki, I'm
not sure I completely understand where all the material lives. Most of
the course material in "how to maintain" seems to come from DoctorMo's
web log and the other sections don't have any actual teaching material.
Do we know how it's all supposed to work?

Bruno