[ubuntu-uk] Proposed Manchester Ubuntu 10.04 Jam

Guy Thouret lists at thouret.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 13:34:48 GMT 2010

> > This is an announcement of plans for an Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" Jam
> > in Manchester.

Fantastic idea - we've had very successful launch parties the past few
releases so there's definitely going to be enough interest.

> I shall be endeavouring to provide my assistance at every corner! one
> thing we need sorted is a venue, good wifi is a must, not especially
> fast, but stable. I'm not sure a bar/pub is the best place for something
> like this either, its really about getting constructive contributions
> done which would be hard to focus on in a noisy bar.

Count me in with that as well.  If there's anything I can help with I'm
more than willing - and local!

First place that comes to mind is MadLab[1] - it was made for this kind
of collaboration.  It has space for different groups and wifi access
(not the best wifi but should be ok).

[1] http://madlab.org.uk/

--
Guy Thouret <lists at thouret.co.uk>