[ubuntu-uk] Science Museum visit, Easter.

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Mon Jan 18 22:53:11 GMT 2010

Isabell Long wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> As decided at last night's meeting, I am now emailing the list about my idea of a group trip to the Science Museum in London at Easter.
>
> So, as I just mentioned, I was thinking of things to do at Easter and came up with Science Museum!  As there is free entry to museums in London at the moment, I (with a
> little persuasion from Alan Bell, admittedly!) thought why not organise a trip to the science museum, a paradise for science minded geeks (and others)!  Of course this
> would be an event during the school holidays, so bringing your family along is okay I guess.  I was also thinking about organising a group tour (that would obviously come
> at a price, but if everyone can in theory chip in a bit) and then just generally a great day out!  More information about the Science museum can be found at
> http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/
>
> I would like to hear your views on this, the general consensus was that it was a good idea from what I caught up on of last night's meeting... if anyone feels the need to
> elaborate on what I've said or contribute some more ideas/information, please of course feel free to do so!  Obviously we will need to organise suitable dates.  :)
>
> Thank you,
>
> Isabell.

I'd be interested but being in Devon, it's possibly a bit far for me,
not to mention last time I went to London in the half term holidays it
was manic!

Personally I'd like to go to a trip to the Museum Of Computing in
Swindon :-)

I guess it kind of depends on where you are though, I suppose if you're
closer to London it's not so bad.

Rob