[ubuntu-uk] still having problems with Canon printer.

Jon Taylor jonptaylor at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 7 22:21:56 GMT 2010

Hi,

Recently I installed a canon ip4600 on my mum's Ubuntu Karmic pc, it's a
fairly new machine (having been bought 2-3 months ago from Scan) and it
get's updated regularly. We still get problems with the printer though, some
days it works, and other days it says there's no paper in it (even if it's
got half a ream in it.)

It works fine under windows (7 RC) but on 2 separate Ubuntu pc's (my mums
and my nephews) it fails to print anything but the test page (and then only
after I delete and reinstall the printer on the machine.)

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion this printer is a Friday afternoon
built unit, and it needs to go back unless anyone has any suggestions or
thoughts that might shed some light on this.

As I said it seems to work fine on my office pc running windows 7rc, so I'm
a puzzled plumber.

I'd be really grateful if anyone has a solution or words of wisdom regarding
it.

Cheers all, hope you all had a good Christmas and new year.

Jon