[ubuntu-uk] Video capture card wanted

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 6 13:00:48 GMT 2010

Hi

Apologies if I am not supposed to post this sort of thing here, there
seemed to be some similar posts in the archive so hopefully it is ok.

I am looking for an Ubuntu compatible video capture card for capturing
from a video camera and from a VHS recorder (to convert recordings to
DVD).  I believe I want one with hardware encoding.  Something like
the Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE I think, or an equivalent USB device would
be even better.  If anyone has anything suitable surplus to
requirements that they would be prepared to sell I would be very
interested.

Many thanks

Colin Law
Ffarmers