[ubuntu-uk] Mounting NAS using curlftpfs

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 22:57:38 GMT 2010

On 20 February 2010 11:18, Simon Greenwood <sfgreenwood at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 February 2010 00:50, Jon Reynolds <maillist at jcrdevelopments.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the link, but I think I can't solve my problem like that as
>> this is a NAS drive, not another machine's share.
>>
>> So am still a bit dumbfounded.
>>

> In my experience some of these network drives don't use TCP/IP but a hacked
> version of IPX. Did you have to install drivers for it in Windows?
>
> Simon

I have a netgear NAS1100 which uses samba shares.  which as you say just
mounts in winxp no problem.
trying to get it to mount in linux had me going round in circles.
eventually turned out i needed to mount a share not the root of the machine
eg. //192.168.0.3/media/ not //192.168.0.3/ and use the name of the share as
username with blank password.

"sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.0.3/media/ /media/fnd/ -o
username=<NameOfShare>,password='',file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777"

 this may not be the case but hey worth a try.

azmodie