[ubuntu-uk] Alex (laptop, not person)

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Feb 19 18:24:48 GMT 2010

Barry Titterton wrote:
> The BBC seem to have the costs all wrong. The web site today says that
> it costs £10 per month for the basic service, or £25 per month with
> broadband thrown in. It is cheaper if you buy it yearly. This sounds
> much more reasonable.
> I expect the ALEX people are really unhappy about this free publicity.
>
> Barry

£25 per month isn't too bad, I presume that has some sort of limits to
it, but then again I guess the sort of people that the company is
targeting would not be heavy downloaders anyway so maybe 2 or 3GB
allowance a month might be more than enough.

If it was £40 a month, then um... that would seem a bit steep to me
unless you got the machine as part of that.

Rob