[ubuntu-uk] Good news for Linux promotion?

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 22:04:26 GMT 2010

Rob Beard wrote:
> [...]
> I've been mulling over getting a netbook but keep holding out to see
> what the ARM offerings will be like.  I've not been too impressed with
> the MIPS based netbooks, but I've got high hopes for these netbooks.

Hello, Rob.

Have you tried a MIPS-based netbook, or are you talking about spec's?

I've been considering buying one of these:

http://www.tekmote.nl/epages/61504599.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61504599/Products/CFL-003-B

However, you're right that an ARM-based netbook would be interesting!

Bye,

   Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK