[ubuntu-uk] Lucid Lynx TV Advert

etali etali at myth-games.com
Mon Feb 1 12:38:37 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johnathon Tinsley" <kirrus at kirrus.co.uk>

> Before we try to get new users into Ubuntu, shouldn't we try to retain
> the people flicking in and out of Ubuntu now?
>
> There was discussion about supporting new users, with remote techy
> support. Can we catch those who post "This is too hard, I'm going back
> to windows" and try to retain more of them with a high-quality community
> support mechanism?

I agree.

I think the people who try Ubuntu (or Linux in general), have problems with
it, and then rant about it to their friends have a lot of power in terms of
persuading people to avoid Ubuntu.

Advertising to new people will only work if a)those people haven't already
heard bad things, and b)we can keep those people as users once they decide
to download + install it.

--
Lesley Harrison