[ubuntu-uk] Cinelerra .....

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Dec 31 13:33:52 UTC 2010

On 31 December 2010 13:18, Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Anyone here know anything about Cinelerra?  I tracked down a binary on
> the Debian site.  It looks impressive.  I've taken the latest svn and am
> trying to build it, but it's going to take me a long while to get all of
> the missing libraries it's asking for.  I will persevere because it
> looks worthwhile having a go.

http://cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php#ubuntu

Links to:-

https://launchpad.net/~cinelerra-ppa

Which contains 	1:2.1.5-0.12~ppa1~maverick1 which seems to be 2.1.5,
which is the latest release according to their home page. So your
building might be somewhat of a waste of time/effort.

> Just wondered why Ubuntu don't put a maintained binary in their repos.

Almost certainly licensing issues.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+bug/105907

Al.