[ubuntu-uk] Desktop backgrounds

Dianne Reuby pramclub at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 29 11:00:22 GMT 2010

When I upgraded/installed 10.10, I chose one of the pre-installed
desktop backgrounds (a sort of shades-of-blue photo of a pier). A few
weeks ago I downloaded a Christmas background.

Yesterday I went to change it back, but the pre-installed background I'd
used before wasn't there. No probs - I downloaded one I liked from
art.gnome.

But do the updates change those pre-installed backgrounds? Can't see
that they would. Why bother? So where has it gone?

Dianne
PS I was given a copy of the Ubuntu Linux Toolbox for Christmas - my
questions will now be trivial and pointless as I shall be asking the
Book all other questions. :)