[ubuntu-uk] Research Required

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Dec 28 19:58:27 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 19:45 +0000, Nigel Verity wrote:
> I decided to create a system that would be as familiar to her as
> possible.
> I created desktop icons for the following basic applications:

Sorry about the silly post when I pressed the wrong button.  I really
like your approach.  Maybe we ought have a customised version similar to
that specifically for our purposes?  I wonder, would Canonical support
that approach in view of what we are doing?  I'm thinking that the
existing proposed desktop, especially with Unity, might not be best for
a Windows user.

A Windows familiar desktop would certainly help me in the way I work
promote Ubuntu.

My tagline here might need to be altered to YES exactly the same old
thing ....  folk don't like change ....
--
What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!