[ubuntu-uk] Is it safe to upgrade to 10.10 (ATI video drivers)?

Tue Dec 21 16:33:45 GMT 2010

Steve Fisher wrote:

> Pretty much as per title, I use compiz so require it to work, when I
> upgraded last time it didn't.

The best way to tell would be to check the current status of whatever
bugs you hit.
If you didn't file any bugs or otherwise note down what it was that
went wrong, the only way to know really would be to try it and see.

For what it's worth, Compiz is working fine on the few PCs I've got
running 10.10, but I don't think I'd used it at all while they were
10.04 boxes. Compiz problems are quite likely to be graphics hardware &
driver dependent, though.

--
Avi