[ubuntu-uk] PS/2 port detection

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 20:30:49 GMT 2010

On 17 December 2010 22:24, David King <linuxman at avoura.com> wrote:
> I don't know the answer to your question, but that old error message "no
> keyboard detected, press F1 to continue" is one of my old favourites
> from years ago in the old days of DOS-based 286 PCs.
>
> I still wonder why anyone thought that error message made sense when
> they put it into the BIOS.

I think it's actually 2 error messages, concatenated. There's a
generic "press F1 to continue" when any error happens during the POST.
This is the BIOS option that the OP should look for, something like
"continue on error", rather than specifically looking for a keyboard
option. IIRC. It's years since I looked in the BIOS setup screen for
this problem.

Cofion/Regards,
Neil.