[ubuntu-uk] Rubbish Bin Placement

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 16 18:41:44 GMT 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:51:24 -0000, Martin Jernberg <cs_bittin at msn.com>
wrote:

> i always use rm -R
>
>> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:13:53 +0000
>> From: ian.pettitt at bbsrc.ac.uk
>> To: ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Rubbish Bin Placement
>>
>> On 14/12/10 10:13, Yorvyk wrote:
>> > Quick question, for research.
>> >
>> > Anybody have a Rubbish Bin icon on their desktop and if so, why?
>> >

>> I don't have any icons on my desktop, I delete either using the del key
>> or the context menu. If I ever need to go into it (to empty or get
>> something back), I use shortcut in the Place sidebar in Nautilus.
>>
>> I seldom look at the desktop, my screen is full of windows!
>>
>> Ian
Thanks to all who replied.  As a special thank you, you will receive a
life times free subscription to the ubuntu-uk mailing list, just in time
for Christmas :D
As I thought, there is no real consensus on this matter.  So it doesn’t
really matter if there’s a Rubbish Bin icon and if there is, where it
goes.

--
Steve (Yorvyk)
http://lubuntu.net