[ubuntu-uk] Netbook suggestion for a 4 year old

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Tue Dec 14 14:26:05 GMT 2010

I know a bright 4 year old who has already been using an Ubuntu tower
for a year (offline) with all relevant games. So at 4 years old
already a potential expert.....
I do not really agree about lack of invasive controls, internet access
needs some careful thought, and probably ongoing too.

The current trends are for Ubuntu and other items  such as jolibook,
to be internet connected independently of the browser, and these apps
also expect to start automatically, and of course they are in menus.

Nothing here to cause any configuration difficulty but I guess the
difference between vanilla Ubuntu and say, Qimo for kids, will be
internet and cloud stuff.

BTW an excellent app for browser filter is an addon to Firefox ProCon
latte, it can be passworded and also hidden.

alan c

--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user