[ubuntu-uk] Nouveau

danteashton at gmail.com danteashton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 08:21:11 GMT 2010

Sorry, but GMail does not like posting at the bottom...

It was suggested that I run the 'apt-get install nvidia-current' command if
booting into Ubuntu leads to a failed X session (and thus, text-mode). This
is due to an issue between Nouveau and my onboard graphics, which is
extremely disconcerting to me as, every time I need to reinstall my system,
I have to install from 10.04 (which, unlike 10.10, accepts 'xforcevesa' at
the boot options) and upgrade from there.
--

-Danté Ashton

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Sent from Ubuntu