[ubuntu-uk] 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Wed Aug 18 23:19:47 BST 2010

On 18 August 2010 18:11, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I did not say that it was necessarily a generally accepted definition,
> merely that by that definition GIMP is recursive and therefore my
> original statement that 'it depends on the definition' is true.
> Having said that I believe I have seen that definition used somewhere
> on the web so it must be ok.  I will just have a quick google ...  Ah
> yes, have a look at
> http://old.nabble.com/11.04-Natty-Narwhal-td29463807i20.html#a29470562

Except that Wikipedia says no such thing, so you are deluding yourself
completely...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursive_acronym

So, please, before we all lose the will to live instead of INVENTING
definitions to back up your assertion, try sending some LINKS to ANY
definition that suggests GIMP is recursive, for it is not and will
never be so... unless you prove otherwise.

Case closed for now, methinks!

Sean