[ubuntu-uk] Moan -- Top Posting (was "Apps for kids")

Kris Douglas krisdouglas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 11:04:47 BST 2010

On 9 August 2010 10:55, Neil Greenwood <neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, so what I should have said was "sorry for the top post, but I'm
> using a crappy GPRS phone and Gmail's java app. If I can turn off
> quoting, I haven't found the option yet. I can't cut and paste, and
> there's only one box to type in anyway." But I don't want to spend 10
> minutes typing a postscript to every message. Please don't assume
> everyone is lazy! :-)
> Cofion,
> Neil.

I have to agree, and on Android phones it can be a pain. Furthermore,
I know 2 people who have left this list because of, I quote, "Pathetic
childish behaviour". I have to agree in a way, but some of the people
on this list are very good people to talk to, and it is a good
community. I just think that, yes some people are going to top-post.
At the moment it is inevitable, but if you feel it is a big problem,
get in touch with the people who write the email software, and
politely request it be changed. If enough people think it's important,
it will be changed, I'm sure.

Just my 2p there.

Kris Douglas,

 T. 0845 004 2066
 M. 07728574285

 Resolveit
   > Telecommunications
   > Networks
   > Servers
   > PC's & Support

           www.resolveit.uk.com

 Please consider the environment before you print this E-Mail.