[ubuntu-uk] Apps for kids

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 22:38:22 BST 2010

> Edubuntu is still going. Also GNOME runs perfectly on my 1GHz desktop,
>> so I don't think you *need* to look at Xubuntu. Just make sure you
>> have a decent amount of RAM.
>>
>> Cofion,
>> Neil
>

> Thanks, loads of suggestions there for me to be going on with! I think I've
> got a Lucid CD somewhere about so I'll pop it in and see how it runs.
>
> Chris

I actually installed edubuntu and found it's pretty good. Unfortunately I
discovered that the CDROM was broken on the laptop, and it wouldn't boot
from USB so I ended up having to do a PXE install in the end :-S

Anyway I'm off to install the other apps folk suggested and then the kids at
the after school club can have a Linux laptop to muck about on. Might be
worth asking the school if they want one or two too?

Thanks again!

Chris