[ubuntu-uk] HP Deskjet 2600

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 14:30:33 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 13:13 +0100, John Levin wrote:
> On 27/07/2010 16:35, Tony Pursell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 14:42 +0100, John Levin wrote:
> >> Hey all,
> >>
> >> has anyone got an HP Deskjet 2600 working with Ubuntu? Mine is detected,
> >> but isn't printing.
> >>
> >> According to a bug report:
> >> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/588081
> >> there is a fix (by choosing hplips-cups driver) but I can't find the
> >> driver, even though I have hplips cups installed.
> >>
> >> Ta
> >>
> >> John
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Levin
> >> http://www.anterotesis.com
> >> http://www.facebook.com/john.levin
> >> http://twitter.com/anterotesis
> >>

> > Hi John
> >
> > I assume you mean the HP Business Inkjet 2600. Have you got the HPLIP
> > package installed?  Check in Ubuntu Software Centre. If not, install it.
> >
> > That should bring with it hpijs, which is the actual driver you need.
> > See
> >
> > http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-Business_Inkjet_2600
> >
> > Tony
> >

> It's a deskjet D2660 (the docs all say D2600 series, hence my slip). I
> have the hpijs drivers installed, the printer is detected, but no joy
> printing.
>
> John

Hi John

Maybe I got the model wrong, but the answer is still the same. HPLIP
should provide all you need. See

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/deskjet/deskjet_d2600_series.html

So if you cannot print, then something else is wrong.

First of all, please tell us which version of Ubuntu you use.

Make sure the printer is switched on and connected, then do File > Print
on this email. Is it listed in the Print Dialogue?

When you click Print, do you get a notification message "HPLIP Device
Status" giving you a print job number?  Did it print?

If you go Applications > Accessories > Manage Print Jobs, is the print
job listed? What is its Status?

Repeat the above with the Printer switched off.

Let us know the results of these tests.

Tony