[ubuntu-uk] Evolution crashes when accessing Exchange 2003 server

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 19:30:23 BST 2010

Hi folks,

I've just started a new job and at the moment I've been using my own
personal laptop which is running Ubuntu 10.04 (actually I'm the only IT
guy where I work so when I get another machine it may end up running
Ubuntu rather than Windows).

Anyway, I've been trying to get Evolution working with the company's
Exchange server (running Exchange 2003).  I did manage to get it working
okay with Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 2 (i386) and it was fairly stable but having
installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (AMD64) on my laptop (on a
brand new hard drive) I'm finding that Evolution crashes when connecting
to the Exchange server.

The initial setup appears to work okay but when it comes to doing a
Send/Receive it crashes Evolution with a segmentation fault.

I've done a bit of searching and it appears this problem occurred with
older versions of Evolution, but I haven't found anything related to
Evolution on Lucid.

I have reported it as a bug but I wondered if anyone else had seen this?

Ta,

Rob