[ubuntu-uk] Mobile Broadband dongle ...

NTLWorld b.drake at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 30 19:24:10 BST 2010

Hi there ....

Just had a pleasant surprise!  I collected my mobile broadband dongle
back from a friend who had borrowed it, and plugged it into my netbook.
It worked straight away.  I hadn't expected that, as it is supposed to
present to the USB as a storage device, and from there, install Windows
drivers.  I imagine some improvements in Lucid do something to tell the
modem automatically that it needs to be a modem.

For interest, the modem is a ZTE MF622.  I'm delighted!

--
Barry <b.drake at ntlworld.com>