[ubuntu-uk] Acer Ferrari One - First Hurdle Failure

Kris Douglas krisdouglas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 09:50:43 BST 2010

Hello. Thanks for your post. I can't access anything on the system, only
holding the power button can turn it off. I just know the card works on
9.10.

Kris Douglas,

Sent from my HTC Hero

On Apr 30, 2010 6:45 AM, "Markie" <mark.curtis.1970 at googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Then the machine froze on that  loading screen with the mouse on >
display, immobile. I couldn't e...
Can you hit the ALT+CTRL+F1 key to get a terminal? You can then access
/var/log to take a look in the logs. The Xorg logs may have something,
personally I dont understand those logs much myself, but someone on here or
the ubuntuforums will be able to help.

Also running "sudo lshw" will give useful output on hardware if you get to
the command line.

> > I wish I could give you more information, but I honestly can't, that >
is all that happens. No e...

Try searching the ubuntu forums for this card if you think its the graphics.
Can you try booting and running from a Live CD? How does that work?

Mark

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/