[ubuntu-uk] Relog-in page....

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 24 08:33:53 BST 2010

John Matthews wrote:
> I have been doing some updates, and everytime now in Lucid, after it
> seems a really short period of time, it goes into a log in page. Sort of
> locks. I really like that idea, until it comes to doing things like
> updates. You have to log in all the time to find out what is happening.
>
> How can I increasse the time before it goes to that log in page?

I found that a nuisance as well.  I've disabled the lock screen.  You
can use configuration editor (desktop->gnome->lockdown and then check
disable_lock_screen).  If you don't have configuration editor enabled in
the main menu, you can find it in /usr/share/applications or run it as
gconf-editor from the commandline (easiest).  I'm sure there are more
geeky ways of achieving this ....

Regards,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See http://www.urc5.org.uk/index for information about the synod, and http://www.urc5.org.uk/?q=node/703 for the Synod Healing pages.

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com